SatelliteGeeks.com

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Traxis DBS 6000HD Official Software Release  (Read 4157 times)

PSB

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • www.PSBsatellite.com
    • View Profile
    • www.PSBsatellite.com
Traxis DBS 6000HD Official Software Release
« on: June 15, 2012, 04:33:53 PM »

Official Software Release

Thank you for buying our Traxis DBS6000HD receiver.

Recently we have discovered some software bugs and have been working to provide a upgrade to take care of them.
I consider this a major upgrade and suggest that you upgrade your receivers.
The upgrade can be downloaded here.

http://dmsiusa.com/dbs6000-software.html

This upgrade will give you the ability to manually input PIDs.  It has improved DiSEqC motor functions and is solves the rolling channel problem.

If you need to upgrade the satellites and transponders you can visit our software page.  You will find satellite/transponder lists for any part of the world.

I am sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused.

We will be working on new software and the releases can be found on out Software Page.

Upgrading your receiver is very easy.  Just drag the file to your USB drive and plug it into your receiver.  Use the USB menu to upgrade your receiver.

Should you have any questions you are welcome to email me or call our support line at 770-874-1079.

Thank you for buying our products,
Tim Heinrichs, CEO
DMS International

PSB

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • www.PSBsatellite.com
    • View Profile
    • www.PSBsatellite.com
Re: Traxis DBS 6000HD Official Software Release
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2012, 08:08:29 PM »

Can't get straighter than that : )

Alll HD channels look GREAT and locking in..... what a receiver for the price ($140 shipped)

Hans1004

• SatellitePlus.US
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2012, 08:28:05 PM »

so it working now good ?

PSB

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • www.PSBsatellite.com
    • View Profile
    • www.PSBsatellite.com
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2012, 09:07:57 PM »

Yes Hans, all the HD channels are playing fine, even the picture looks a bit better.  Motoring is a lot easier I have found....

So this is now THE best receiver around at its price, at LAST a HD receiver built for real FTA in the USA.

Sprig

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2012, 08:00:00 AM »

Software update fixed my problem on my true south (103W), had good signal on the 4000, switched to the 6000, and the signal was there (previously, with old software, no signal on the 6000 when switching boxes). Scanned in 12 tp's (free only, tv only), have to remember to change the scan type to "blind", scanning with the "auto" setting did nothing for me, not sure what that setting is for, but "auto" is not blind scanning, like it is on the 3500 and 4000. TP scanning worked as expected, same as before.

Scan took about the same amount of time as the 4000 (which is a bit slower than the 3500), next need to check if HD channel and the motoring work correctly. Quality level meter looks to read much lower with good signal compared to the 3500 and 4000 (good signal 20-40 range on the 6000, 60-80 on the 3500 and 4000). The menu look and function is really nice, and a great upgrade from the 4000, and the 4 colored remote buttons really improve getting things done in the box.

Problems seem to have been solved, now if we can add USALS to this box?
« Last Edit: June 16, 2012, 08:06:43 AM by Sprig »
hotdish 90, traxis 4000, sg2100, sony xbr4 46"

PSB

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • www.PSBsatellite.com
    • View Profile
    • www.PSBsatellite.com
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2012, 08:08:49 AM »

USALS would be nice, I have requested that update, so we will see.........

I really am amazed at the scan time...... its VERY fast compared with other HD recivers! 

Instaed of 20 mins to scan a satellite (blind scan )  the Traxis takes just slightly longer than a standard def receiver!

PSB

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • www.PSBsatellite.com
    • View Profile
    • www.PSBsatellite.com
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2012, 10:14:21 AM »

BEWARE

Sprig and I have noticed something when swapping out your receiver to the 6000HD

This is only of concern to motor users...

Say your on your true south satellite, and you disconnect your old receiver and hook up the 6000, when you scan true South there may be no signal... Seems the motor moves a tad, when they 6000 is hooked up...

So simply return to the motor and MANUALLY move the Dish/Motor assembly onto the true South signal (Not by using the buttons on motor but by loosening the motor and rotating onto the signal)

Or since its DiSEqC1.2 simply nudge over and save the true south position.

Sprig

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2012, 12:13:30 PM »

I've quit swapping, and after resetting the motor with the 6000, reinstalled software and america sats user data. Immediately have strong signal on my true south (103W) and can scan the satellite and i get the expected channels.

However, as soon as I turn on diseqc 1.2 and select a position number to save that position, my dish takes off way to east,without any keyed input from me (I haven't touched the red save position key). When I return to 0, I no longer have the signal on 103, and only a reinstallation of software and userdata gets it back. If I leave the 103 position and bump to the next door satellite without selecting a motor position(looking for the pentagon tp on 101), I never find the signal, and, when I return to 0, 103 signal is gone.

I'm totally unable to use my motor. I'd originally pointed my new pole setup with the 6000 and missed 103 and pointed at 101, scanned in pentagon and noticed I couldn't watch HD outside the menu channel selector box. So, since I can't get anywhere successfully with my motor, I haven't been able to check if the software update fixed that problem with HD (no HD on amc1).

I don't want to manually point at 101,since 103 is weak and difficult to find, and since I know if it gets to be fall I'll be good to go with the 4000 if need be, but I will be miffed if Big Sky football is once again on 123 in HD, and I can't get there with the 6000.

I know Pete is not having these issues, so the 6000 may be good to go, maybe mine is somehow malfunctioning. I've reinstalled software and currently have it working correctly on 103W, but I can't motor anywhere from there with diseqc 1.2 without losing signal, and having to start over. I know the diseqc movement is working correctly (as long as I don't select a motor position number), as I've had my wife on the phone watching the dish/motor while I bump by "step", "sec" and "continuous", but, I never do get signal from another satellite once I leave my south position (and my signal is gone when I return there).
« Last Edit: June 16, 2012, 02:01:10 PM by Sprig »

PSB

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • www.PSBsatellite.com
    • View Profile
    • www.PSBsatellite.com
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2012, 12:26:03 PM »

Yes I have installed 3-4 more satellites, stored and scanned in the channels with no issue.  Finding and storing satellites is now much easier, and the moving the dish buttons work better, as soon as you let up on them, the dish stops.

When I updated my software I did not need to re-add the American satellites, they were already there, as were my positions.

Sprig

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2012, 04:06:35 PM »

http://www.dmsiusa.com/dbs6000-software.html

The next release that's supposed to cure the motoring problems is available. Haven't installed it yet to see if it works for me.

PSB

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • www.PSBsatellite.com
    • View Profile
    • www.PSBsatellite.com
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2012, 06:20:42 PM »

I downloaded it, it did not cahnge anything on my 6000HD, of course mine did not have any issues.

Have not tried to find any satellites with it yet.....  more storms here : (

Sprig

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2012, 08:11:53 PM »

Unfortunately, it did not change mine either. Diseqc 1.2 runs the motor sporadically, and, as soon as I bump off my south satellite (103W), I lose signal, and cannot get it back when returning to 0, until I reinstall the am. sat usderdata and rescan. Guess this box and my 2100 just aren't going to get along.

My 4000 runs the motor perfectly, so I'll still have FTA, just not HD.

PSB

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • www.PSBsatellite.com
    • View Profile
    • www.PSBsatellite.com
« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2012, 08:54:55 PM »

This is a strange one, the only differance between your system and mine is the motor age.  I have a full motorized Traxis install this weekend with the newer motor..... wondering if I should set it up here before I go.  I will if I have time, if not will let you know how it goes.

The only other thing it could be is the remote?  Mine motors flawlessly now, and the new direction setup really helps with installs where you can't see the dish.

Just setup another position (107w) and the only issue I had was getting a live transponder.

I am sure DMSi will come up with a solution, or take care of this issue. (And my offer still stands)

Sprig

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2012, 09:06:07 PM »

Also odd is that when powered by my 6000, the east/west buttons on the motor work only sporadically, although they work fine with the 4000. Like the power from the 6000 isn't consistent. The remote is working correctly for everything else, and shows the arrows when I'm trying to move east or west (left arrow or right arrow).
« Last Edit: June 20, 2012, 09:07:44 PM by Sprig »

PSB

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • www.PSBsatellite.com
    • View Profile
    • www.PSBsatellite.com
« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2012, 10:36:53 PM »

Hans did notice some color changes in the light on the motor during his install, but I just looked and my light is solid green, too late (night) to ask for help to see if it changes when I motor. But have always been able to move the dish manually, although its not something I try to do alot.

I did have to do it a few times on the 1st install, before the upgrade, where once or twice it would motor all the way to the limit.

But since then I have had no bother at all.
Pages: [1] 2